Metrobus Service Evaluations: 17 & 18 Lines(en español)
Click here to download a copy of the proposed recommendations.
Rider Survey Closes June 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
- Who is involved? The project is being undertaken by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority (WMATA), with assistance and coordination from Fairfax County (VA) and Fairfax Connector.
- What is being studied?
17A, 17B, 17F, 17M: Kings Park Line
17G, 17H, 17K, 17L: Kings Park Express Line
18E, 18F: Springfield Line
18G, 18H, 18J: Orange Hunt Line
18P, 18R, 18S: Burke Centre Line
- Why was this corridor chosen for study? WMATA is reviewing these lines in cooperation with the on-going Fairfax Connector TDP (Connections 2015), in an effort to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the lines, while also enhancing connections between Metrobus and Connector services.
- When did the study begin? The study began in February, 2015. Metro and its partners will study the line over a six-month period and expects to have preliminary recommendations ready for Metrobus board approval by late summer/early fall 2015.
- What is the study process?The Metrobus Service Evaluation Study for the 17 & 18 Lines has three main components:
The evaluation process will include a number of analytical techniques geared towards better understanding the operations and performance of the Metrobus services and the settings in which these services operate. Ultimately, recommendations will assist with improving route directness and simplicity, service levels, reliability, connectivity and the customer experience.
- Review capacity, productivity, reliability and quality of service indicators
- Identify the need for customer facilities
- Recommend changes to improve service delivery
Follow @MetrobusStudies on Twitter
Two public meetings were held at the following times and locations:
Date and Time
|George Mason University
||4400 University Drive,
Fairfax, VA 22030
(Johnson Center, Gold Room)
|Tuesday, May 12, 2015
|Irving Middle School
||8100 Old Keene Mill Rd,
Springfield, VA 22152
|Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Click here to download a copy of the Public Meeting boards, which include further details on existing services and proposed recommendations.
17 Lines Timetable (June 2016)
18 Lines Timetable (June 2016)
Reports & Publications
Technical Memorandum #1 - Transit Service Assessment (October 2015)
Technical Memorandum #2 - Traffic Operations Assessment (October 2015)
Technical Memorandum #3 - Public Involvement (October 2015)
Technical Memorandum #4 - Service Recommendations (October 2015)
Technical Memorandum #5 - Summary Presentation (October 2015)
If you would like to contact the project team, please send an e-mail directly to them.