The Metrobus Eastover - Addison Road Line Study (en español)
- Who is involved? The study is a partnership between Metro, the Maryland Department of Transportation, and Prince George's County Department of Public Works and Transportation.
- What is being studied? Metrobus Route P12, The Eastover - Addison Road Line between Eastover Shopping Center and Addison Road Metro Station.
- Why was this corridor chosen for study? This route has one of the highest riderships in the Metrobus system, but the line has some service and operational issues that need to be evaluated and fixed to provide a better experience for riders. As the study progresses, specific challenges facing the line will be identified and potential solutions will be recommended.
- When did the study begin? February 2014. Metro and its agency partners will study the line over a eight-month period and they expect to have preliminary recommendations for improvements ready for Metro Board in early 2015.
- How will service on the line be improved? To answer this question, Metro is relying on input from riders. A survey of riders is being conducted in spring 2014 with public meetings to follow in spring and summer 2014. Please visit this page again in the coming months to learn more about the study as it progresses.
Follow @MetrobusStudies on Twitter
The most recent public meeting occurred in early December 2014. Please stay tuned for further project updates!
A copy of the display boards from all previous public meetings can be found in the Reports & Publications section below.
Timetables & Maps
P12: The Eastover - Addison Road Line
Reports & Publications
May 2014 - Transit Service Assessment Technical Memorandum #1
September 2014 - Rider Survey - Final Results Technical Memorandum #2
May 2014 - Traffic Operations Assessment Technical Memorandum #3
May 2014 - Public Outreach Process Technical Memorandum #4
November 2014 - Service Improvement Options Technical Memorandum #5
April 2015 - Final Summary Report Technical Memorandum #6
May 2014 - Display Boards from the first round of public meetings
July 2014 - Display Boards from the second round of public meetings (includes improvement options)
December 2014 - Display Boards from the third round of public meetings
(includes preliminary recommendations)
If you would like to contact the project team, please send an e-mail directly to them.